Wednesday, August 16, 2006

So sorry!

Sorry for the distinct lack of posting over here. Even though Money Miss is by far my favourite blog, it's just not getting as much attention as it used to. The poor neglected older child blog. Awwww. I got some great stuff today:
The latest copy on Teen Vogue. (Have you seen the Juicy Couture ads?! I thought with ball gowns you wore stuff that made you like all princess-y, but Juicy Couture has shown me that racking half a dozen sunglasses on each arm over you gloves is just as nice.)
Bad Kitty, by Michele Jaffe. (One word: hilarious. I love it. A literary spa AND a mystery! What could be better?!)
Mediator 6, by Meg Cabot. (Have I mentioned I have a major horror/ghost book fetish? These books have ghosts AND Prada!)
Burts Bees Lipbalm Lip Shimmers in Champagne. (Which I am loving. It's sparkly!!! I'll wear it during the day with no other make-up to make it more casual, but during the evening (even though I'm a homebody, and I stay home and blog and read and watch TV. The exictment is unbearable.) I'll pair it maybe with some lilac eye-shadow.)

Which brings me onto an important point: not spending is not good. There was a study done recently on being happy, and one of the things was buying yourself a affordable treat now and then. It makes you happy, plus it's good for your wallet. How so? Well, it's like someone who goes on a diet. They don't eat any chocolate for months and then they have a "treat" and end up eating loads. This happens with money as well. If you don't spend anything for ages, when you do spend you'll go on a binge. Therefore it's perfectly reasonable to buy yourself some lipgloss or a movie ticket now and then.

PS: No, Prada is not an affordable treat.
PPS: Neither are Manolo Blahniks.

1 comment:

Julz said...

I love the Mediator series! The last one kind of made me tear up in the end, though.

And the Champagne one ties for my favorite, too! I love how it doesn't sparkle that much but it has that shimmer that catches the light- I also love watermelon. It is a very summery color, like you can tell it's there and it looks like you put more effort into...um...coloring your lips (?) than you really did.

Julz

Julz