Sunday, August 13, 2006

How To Have More Money for Important Things (Like Comics)

Yay! Set off the fireworks!! Money Miss is blogging about money!!!!! You may start cheering now.
Here are my fantabulous tips for having more money:
  • Get magazines and comics from the library. Now, my local library only has magazines like Good Housekeeping, but I'm going to suggest they get the likes of Vogue, Teen Vogue, Elle, and assorted other magazines that I spend too much money on.
  • Get books from the library. And if you're buying them, read reviews first. (Ooh, where would you find reviews? Oh, silly me, I forget that I have a ENTIRE blog devoted to this.)
  • CDs. DVDs. As above. (Except at my local library, they only have arty farty films. Um, Jonny Depp dressed up as a pirate, please.)
  • Try second-hand. You can get jeans for 5 at my local charity shop. 5. And I've found new books for .50. I recently found a completely new Darren Sahn book for .25. Seriously. Wonderful for my horror fetish.
  • Dig out everything you don't want anymore and have a garage sale. Well, no actually. That's so 20th century. eBay's the place to go, dontcha know?
  • Speaking of eBay, I've seen designer clothes for 10. But I only buy from eBay shops, because you just don't know with individuals.
  • Do you have a discount bookshop near you? There's one really near where I live, and I've seriously cheap books and stationary. Like really pretty notebooks for 1. There's a discount newsagent that's further away, but whenever I'm near there I go and get a Teen Vogue. (Can you tell I'm addicted to it?) It's about half the price of anywhere else.
  • Compare, compare, compare, compare, compare, COMPARE. I cannot say this enough.

PS: I have another blog. fashionbloglove.blogspot.com

2 comments:

meli said...

it's so great to save money and still actually buy things. cool blog.

Hannah said...

i love ur blog madly