Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Is it just me...

...or are the days slipping away? I am dreading school. And, OMG, new school. Nothing wrong with that, because for some reason I think it's a good idea to walk up to people and talk them. Except it seems to work, because I have loads of friends. They all regard me with suspicion, but still. It's the teachers. Pretty much all teachers hate me, because despite being Miss Know-It-All, I am a total rebel. As in, "Do we HAVE to do this? I mean, it's pretty boring. We could be doing something else, more fun." NOT a good idea to say that to a teacher. Oh, no. And I have the most hideous uniform ever. Like, as in, it makes Van Gogh's bright paintings look subtle. And there's a no make-up rule. I don't really wear make-up, because I'm afraid that if I do, by the time I'm 30 I'll spend hours putting on make-up. Not that something like that would ever happen. I mean, I don't even brush my hair. Doesn't make a difference if your hair is curly, anyway. :) Another reason I don't wear make-up is it's SO EXPENSIVE. Well, vegetarian make-up, anyway. I can barely afford this lip gloss I have my eye on. And we have to tie our hair back. Let me just say something: MY HAIR IS THICK, CURLY AND FLYAWAY. IT IS A STRUGGLE TO GET IT BEHIND AN ALICE BAND. AND YOU EXPECT ME TO PUT IT IN A PONYTAIL?!
And also, it is AUGUST. I still have four weeks left. So why, WHY must there be so many back-to-school ads? AND, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP TRYING TO MAKE UNIFORMS LOOK TRENDY. I have actually seen ads trying to make uniforms look trendy. NOT POSSIBLE.
I also go to an all-girls school. This is actually good, because I tend to get into fights with boys. Usually they say something, I say something, and LOOK. WE HAVE A VERBAL CATFIGHT!
SO, PLEASE, LET US TREASURE THESE LAST DAYS OF SUMMER. AND STOP TALKING ABOUT SCHOOL. THANK YOU.

No comments: