Friday, July 28, 2006

Movie Madness

Does anyone else love movies? Being a drama freak, it's not just enjoyment, but furthering my non-existent acting career. (Yeah. It's an excuse. What gave it away?) BUT, being Money Miss, I HAVE to do it on a budget! (Plus, my pocket money? Not a lot.) So, through careful consideration, here are some tips:
*If you're a girl, we have the advantage of cajoling our mums into girly days out. Which include a film. Which she usually pays for. (Smile. Puppy eyes.)
*Matinees are cheaper. But, um, for a first date, go to the more expensive evening show. The amount of little kids shouting at matinees...Real romantic. If romance isn't your top priority (Um. Me.), then matinees are the way to go.
*Have you SEEN the price of popcorn? Small bag of popcorn + M&Ms = more then my ticket. If you are a girl, smuggle snacks to the cinema, in your bag. If you're a boy, get a girl to smuggle them in for you. (But only if you know her.)
*And lastly, just rent it. Split the cost between you and some mates. Or look online. I rent my DVDs online for 1.25, and no late fees!!!
Now, to ogle at Jonny Depp...

No comments: