Sunday, July 30, 2006

I'm Finally Blogging on Money

So, I finally tore myself away from BlogThings. I don't know how, but I did it. So, I'm actually going to blog on money. (You're all gasping and fainting now, right?) SO:
YOU VS. THEM
(Notice the large letters?)
We've all been there. You really need that book/watch/video game/dress, but they think it's too much. They are quite obviously crazy. I am a total expert on winding people around my little finger, so here's how to get them to get it for you:
  1. START OFF BIG. For my birthday I wanted 100, so I figured I'd start off at 150. Guess what? My mum said yes. I was in complete shock. And even if they don't agree to your ridiclous sum, if you pretend to give in, they'll feel like they've won. Which they haven't. Here's how you do it:

You: Mum, Dad, I need three pairs of jeans/two video games/a ridiclously expensive watch.

Them: Darling, that's too expensive. I'm afraid we can't buy all that.

You: *look miserable* Well, how about two pairs/one video game/less expensive watch.

They: (thinks) Phew, that was easy! (says) Well...all right.

You: (thinks) Suckers!

Do you get it now?

2. Be nice. Be nice to them for 3 days. Do your homework, clean up, make them a cup of coffee. Then spring your strategy on them.

3. If they say no, be miserable for a few days. If you are a drama queen like me, squeeze out a few tears. Otherwise just say in a really sad (not whiny) voice: "It's such a pity. *sigh* I really wanted A few days of this and they'll crack.

4. If you had to settle for less then you wanted, after they buy you what they said they would, start in on major whining. "It's not fair, I might as well have nothing."

All of the above have been tried and tested by me.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Yup, those things work pretty well. I wish I'll be 15 soon so I'll be able to work though. It would be so much better to actually have your own money instead of begging for it.

FashionWhore said...

Well, I'm planning a blog on how to earn money if you're too young too work!