Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I'm feeling pretty crappy. This is because a week or two ago, I tried out for the school musical. We're doing The Sound of Music. I got a recall for the acting auditions, and for the last week have been waiting on tentorhooks to see if I made it.
So, after school, I went to the place where they were announcing who got a part.
All the major parts were announced, and I wasn't on the list.
I was a bit sad, but felt OK about it.
Then the guy said:
"These are the less major parts, they'll have one or two lines, and no singing. If you're one of these parts, the good thing is you can be in the chorus."
Oh, joy.
"Now, in the movie there's one major postulant, but we've decided to make two. Postulant 1, _________. Postulant 2..."
Then he called out my name.
See, the thing is, if I didn't get a part at all, I could just say to myself that I wasn't right for the parts, and there was always next year.
But being a postulant?
That's the worst thing ever.
If you've seen the movie, you know the scence where these two young nuns go up to the head nun (?), and say "mother, we have sinned" and hold up car parts from the Nazi jeeps?
I'm one of them.
I get to say mother, we have sinned.
It's so unfair. You know what makes it worse?
There's a girl who was really nervous at the auditions, and I lent her my song sheet and was nice to her.
Guess who got a major part?
She totally rubbed it in my face.
I guess I must have looked really downtrodden or something, because she "What's wrong?" and I was like "I play a nun," and she said: "Well at least you got a part."
Like she hadn't got a major part, or anything.
I feel so crappy.

6 comments:

Hannah U. said...

OMG its a frickin school play, u should be happy u got a part at all. maybe there weren't any parts for you, or maybe ur just not as good as the other people. i can't tell you how often i get rejected for plays, in fact iv only been in 2 community theatre shows. the first show, i had no lines in the beginning but by the end, i had 5, and i didn't frickin care cuz i had such a damn good time doing it. so stop feeling sorry for yourself u lazy ass and HAVE FUN for pity's sake.

Hannah U. said...

ok that sounded totally harsh, but its kinda true, sorry. hope i didn't hurt your feeelings.
<33

Frapp said...

Awww, poor you. What a cow! She totally owed you and should've thanked you! I'm doing Grease for my play, and I'm only the chorus. I totally panic onstage since I went blank and forgot all my lines once when I was 10. Totally ruined my confidence.

FashionWhore said...

That is just so mean. Look, I will freaking feel sorry for myself if I want too, and oh, of course I'm not good, that's why everyone has been coming up to me and saying I was so good at the auditions. I've had a tough week, and I get you telling me I'm a lazy ass? Great. Just great.

Hannah U. said...

I'm really sorry! Especially if u had a tough week, sometimes its just too much!!
I'm sure you did do great, but there's just not a good part for you, or maybe you're great, and the other ppl have a different or better look for the bigger parts. Ask if you can join up backstage wich is super fun and really rewarding too, that way, when you're offstage, you're not bored!

I'm sorry i was really but i was cranky too, no excuse but ya.
sorry. <33

Hannah U. said...

oh, and that girl who got a big part is a bitch, break her watch. lol