Thursday, October 05, 2006

Impulse, smulpulse...Wow, try saying that with a mouthful of chocolate...

OK, impulse buying really sucks. Top = nice. Top = spent all my money. Nothing wrong with a little impulse buy here and there. In fact, it rocks. But, um, having no money doesn't. So, tips. Tips, tips, tips for everyone!
  • Have a little money set by, so you'll always have money if you, uh, need it. Oooh, those shoes are pretty!
  • Just wait a day. It will still be there. Trust me. But you might not want it.
  • OK, why the heck are you buying it? 'Cause it's cheap? Cool? You don't know? Just think of one thing you could use it for.
  • If you can't, DO NOT BUY IT. And I did need those giant paper clips, nosey.

10 comments:

Hannah U. said...

I'm really sorry! Especially if u had a tough week, sometimes its just too much!!
I'm sure you did do great, but there's just not a good part for you, or maybe you're great, and the other ppl have a different or better look for the bigger parts. Ask if you can join up backstage wich is super fun and really rewarding too, that way, when you're offstage, you're not bored!

I'm sorry i was really but i was cranky too, no excuse but ya.
sorry. <33

Hannah U. said...

ya that sounds weird, but that thing was about the stuff that i said a few weeks ago, i really am sorry

Julz said...

Good tips! Gotta keep those in mind next time I can't live without that chocolate hand sanitizer or whatnot...

joanna said...

good tips. i myself an a huge impulse shopper, but it's not like i've the money to buy anything too outrageous.

a ten dollar a week allowance definitely keeps a person grounded.

Sarah said...

good tip, it's always good to have a little on the side just in case.

Frapp said...

No offence, but please change some of the colours on your palette. It might just be me but I can barely read anything!

Ally. said...

i agree with frapp, bright colours are overpowering!
but great tips!

molly said...

haha i buy things just because they're cheap all the time!

i need to stop.

Alison said...

omg I am a total victim of impulse buying. it got really bad like a year ago so i got really scared and started not buying anything at all! Seriously, I had 20$ to buy a new shirt with and looked in every single store I like in the mall before going back to the very first store to buy a simple tanktop. ughhhhhhhhh it's a very big problem. any tips?

*** said...

This is probably the only blog I've seen about money so far, and I must say I'm impressed. For those of you who think it's hard to live with a $10 allowance, let me tell you this. I only get $20 a month and $300-$400 a season, and my mom thinks they are only THREE seasons.
Start pitying, lol.
-Gigi

P.S. Yeah, I love the blog and I'm linking it, but please do switch the color scheme. It's a little hard to read.